Lunar Solo for 2018 - Six Moon Designs NEW!!!
26 OZ - 740 G SOLO TENT - USES 49" POLE
The Lunar Solo for 2018 is newly constructed with 100% Silicone coated Polyester material. The Canopy is 20D material and the floor has been constructed with 40D material for additional strength. The canopy stretch has been decreased along with the packed volume. We have also made the main guy line a reflective cord and guy outs for the corners are also now reflective.
The Lunar Solo's distinctive low hexagonal shape easily spills the wind no matter the direction. Short, steeply sloped sides, handle snow or high winds with ease. A generous canopy covers a 26 sq. ft. sleeping area plus 8.5 sq. ft. of vestibule storage. The 48" peak height, set in the middle of the tent maximizes room for sitting and taking care of chores.
The sleeping area is a surrounded 6-inch deep bathtub floor, topped by 6 inches of mesh. This ensures excellent ventilation while keeping you separated from low canopy walls. This keeps you drier on those occasions when condensation forms on the canopy.
The vestibule is set on the long side of the tent to maximize views and ventilation when fully open. Close it and you've got phenomenal protection from the worst storms.
A 2012 redesign raised the canopy 3" (up to 48") and offset the pole. The result was considerably more headroom. Extending the floor to 90" and making end walls vertical enhances sleeping for taller individuals. The slight reduction in floor space is more than compensated for by better weather handling. With more vertical walls, the Lunar Soloeasily sheds wind and snow.
- Full Vestibule provides protection while still maintaining good ventilation when closed. Fully open, the vestibule maximizes ventilation and view.
- High Vent removes excess moisture build up.
- Zipper Vestibule Closure makes opening and closing the vestibule a snap.
- Easy Tensioning Adjustment makes keeping the tent taut a trivial task that can be accomplished while still in your sleeping bag. Re-tension straps have been added to all tie out points.
- Floating Canopy allows the canopy to be set to different heights.
- Floating Floor reduces floor stress and helps to minimize punctures from sharp objects.
- Optimized Sleeping Area is oriented to maximize usable space, ventilation, and view. A peak height of 48 inches gives you plenty of headroom.
- Center Pole Support significantly improves the ability of the tent to handle wind and snow loads.
- Single Hiking Pole Support reduces the amount of gear need.
- Internal Gear Area keeps your gear easily accessible.
- Oversized Screen Door allows easy entrance and exit while keeping the front pole out of your way.
- Ultra-light Waterproof Canopy is made from high strength 20 denier Silicone Polyester.
- Handy Mesh Cargo Pocket
- Extremely Easy Setup in less than two minutes under any conditions.
- Color Gray