SIX MOON DESIGNS - SWIFT X HIKING BACKPACK
The Swift X is designed to be lightweight, durable, and comfortable. Because we want the pack to be comfortable, the pack weight will vary depending on the configuration. Configured as a Frame-less pack with Pack Bag and Shoulder Straps, The Swift X comes in at 26 oz. / 737 g.
In the Standard Configuration with added Stay and Hip Belt, The Swift X weighs 36 oz. / 1021 g.
With the Vest Harness, you get additional stability in your load carrying and it brings the weight up to 37 oz. / 1049 g.
The Swift X provides ultimate functionality in a simple design. This ultralight backpack has a single roll-top main compartment that holds 38L with an additional 6L extension collar. A Y-strap secures the load top and provides a convenient and easy attachment point for a bear barrel.
Intentionally designed, the Swift X gives you easy access to snacks, your phone, maps, and all those little things you need to keep close at hand. You’ll find you won’t even have the need to take the pack off until you hit camp at the end of the day.
The side water bottle pockets are made from 4-way stretch woven mesh. They are designed so that you can grab items easily while on the go.
Inside the main compartment, there is a zippered pocket for your wallet to keep it safe and secure and easy to access at the first sign of a burger joint.
The Swift X comes in a variety of configurations, so you can get the perfect fit for you and your needs. You can choose from a standard shoulder yoke or flight vest yoke. Each come in 2 sizes.
The Swift X also comes with a removable hip belt available in 3 sizes.
Between the adjustable torso length, removable hip belt, harness options, and removable Delrin Hoop Stay, The Swift X can be dialed in to your exact preferences. Each configuration ultimately changes the weight of the pack from 26 oz. at its lightest to 37 oz. at its heaviest.
The Swift X comes with a removable Delrin Hoop Stay Frame. The ends of the hoop rest on the base of the hip belt, transferring the weight to the hip belt. This design feature makes carrying heavy loads more comfortable and reduces pack sag.
Using the Delrin Hoop Stay and hip belt together increases your load carrying capacity by approximately 10lbs*.
*We recommend a base weight of 12lbs or less even when increasing load weight and using the Delrin Hoop Stay and hip belt.
The Swift X is the only ultralight, frame-less pack on the market with an adjustable torso length. This allows the Swift X to provide unbridled comfort.
When configured as frame-less, the highest recommended base weight is 8lbs / 3.5k and maximum weight not exceeding 25lbs / 11k.
Using the Hoop Stay and Hip Beltincreases your load carrying capacity by approximately10 lbs / 4.5 k to 30+ lbs. / 14 k.While you can carry additional weight, we still recommend a base weight of 12 lbs. / 5.5 kor less.
Six Moon Designs’ unique vest harness supports a 6-point connection between the pack and your body. There are several advantages to this system:
1. It fully locks the pack to your body, eliminating sway or bouncing when you walk or run.
2. Instead of all of the weight of the pack resting on your shoulders and hips, the vest harness transfers some of that weight to your core. This reduces and eliminates sores from developing on the shoulders and hips.
3. The vest harness comes with extra pockets, providing additional quick-access storage options.
VEST HARNESS HEALTH BENEFITS
Because the vest harness spreads the load-bearing to the core, most hikers find it reduces back pain.
Founder Ron Moak discovered this first hand. After a bout with cancer, Moak found that he could only handle a couple of hours of hiking before needing to stop due to severe back pain. A vest harness redistributed the weight he was carrying on his shoulders and hips to his core, allowing him to walk more upright. This additional support allowed him to hike longer distances with less pain.
That’s why the first pack he designed incorporated the vest harness.
If you’ve found yourself unable to backpack as easily and as long as you once did, you may want to seriously consider the vest harness. We make no claims that the vest harness is a miracle cure, but it did help Moak get back to really enjoying backpacking again. And we hope it might help you, too.
Standard Shoulder Straps
There are several reasons you might choose a Standard Should Strap Harness:
1. If you’re used to carrying a traditional backpacking pack and aren’t from the running world, you will probably be comfortable with standard shoulder straps.
2. If you are a full-chested woman or broad-chested man, you might find the vest harness constricting. In this case, the standard shoulder straps will provide a better hiking experience.
3. The standard shoulder straps are easier to slip out of if you want to take an extended break without the weight of your pack.
- Adjustable Torso Length
- Two Shoulder strap Style options (Shoulder Harness or Vest Harness)
- Three Exterior Woven Pockets
- Rear Pocket
- Two Side Pockets
- Breathable and Durable 4-way Stretch Material
- Large Shoulder Strap Pockets
- Removable Hip Belt
- Minimal Contact Back Panel
- Top Loading with Dry Bag Closure
- Internal Zippered Stash Pocket
- Multiple Point Cord Compression System
- Single Ice Axe or Trekking pole attachment point
- Dual Hydration Ports
- Removable Hydration Bladder
- Sliding Sternum Straps on Vest and Shoulder Harness
- Delrin Hoop Stay
- Suspension - Flight Series'
- Torso SIze - 16" - 20" | 38 - 56 cm
- Dimensions - 11"W x 7"D x 22"T
- Color - Heather Grey or Navy
- Maximum Load - 35lb | 14Kg
- Minimum Load - 15lb | 5.5Kg or less
- Uses - Long Distance or Lightweight Backpacking
Flight Vest Yoke - Large
Flight Hip Belt - Medium